User Tools

Site Tools


Minutes of IPv6 Project Meeting on February 27, 2015

  • Date and Time: UTC 16:00, Friday February 27, 2015
  • Convenor: Bin Hu (AT&T)
  • Participants:
    • Bryan Sullivan (AT&T)
    • Iben Rodriguez (Spirent)
    • Jonne Soininen (Nokia)
    • Mark Medina (ClearPath)
    • Sridhar Gaddam (RedHat)
  • Admin Update

Bin introduced 2-day activities of OPNFV developer meetup in Santa Rosa on Feb 19 and 20. Bin also shared the IPv6 presentation that was presented in meetup.

  • Status Update.
    • Group discussed and clarified what the network topology means, what are the provider network and tenant networks, what are the external network, management network and data network
    • Group also discussed those 2 PoC scenarios (using VM as IPv6 router and using Neutron Router)
    • Bin shared the OpenStack Traffic Flow information, and posted on our wiki.
    • Mark will further sketch out the design with flow diagram and description
    • Sridhar will update the notes section of gap analysis
    • We will discuss Sridhar's update and Mark's update next week
  • Next Steps / New Actions
    • Mark will further sketch out the design with flow diagram and description.
    • Sridhar will look into more details in top down use case, and update the notes section of gap analysis.
  • Prior Actions:
    • Mark will research OpenStack Neutron and how to support IPv6 in VM based on SLAAC scenario (no DHCP).
    • Mark will draft the architecture design of an IPv6 PoC on OpenStack Neutron
    • Jonne will research floating IPv6 Blueprint in OpenStack, and report the findings to the group
    • Jonne will research DHCPv6 prefix delegation feature, and add it to use case table
    • Jonne will draft the analysis of 3 different IPv6 scenario (SLAAC, DHCPv6 stateful and DHCPv6 stateless). The experiment and PoC will start from the simplest SLAAC scenario.

Meeting adjourned.

ipv6_opnfv_project/minutes_20150227.txt · Last modified: 2015/02/27 19:00 by Bin Hu