User Tools

Site Tools


Minutes of Technical Community Discussion on January 07, 2016

  • Date and Time: 6:00am PST / UTC 14:00, Thursday January 07, 2016
  • Convener: Bin Hu (AT&T)
  • Participants:
    • Ashok Emani (Intel)
    • Bertrand Souville (NTT DoCoMo)
    • Brandon Wick (Linux Foundation)
    • Carlos Goncalves (NEC)
    • Christopher Price (Ericsson)
    • Dave Neary (Red Hat)
    • Debra Scott (OPNFV)
    • Edgar St Pierre (EMC)
    • Frank Brockners (Cisco)
    • Hongbo Tian (Huawei)
    • Howard (Zhipeng) Huang (Huawei)
    • Ildiko Vancsa (Ericsson)
    • Larry Lamers (VMWare)
    • Mark Beierl (EMC)
    • Mika Rautakumpu (Nokia)
    • Trevor Cooper (Intel)
    • Xiaoli Wang (Huawei)
    • Yaoguang Wang (Huawei)

Hongbo (Huawei) shared that the PlugFest would be in May 2016 in Louisville, CO hosted by CableLabs. Hongbo also introduced the preparation steps for the PlugFest, including NDA, setting up the main theme, technical training, invitation letter, lab environment and tools, test cases and tools, technical support team, and deciding the agenda such as test event and test report.

Frank (Cisco) asked why it is by invitation instead of opening to community. Hongbo clarified that it is open to community. Invitation letter is just a means to advertise the information, get the feedback and estimate the potential interest and attendance.

Chris (Ericsson) suggested that maybe we can have a registration page, and we can ask the interested companies to register and get the necessary attendance information.

Trevor (Intel) asked what is the expense, and if we have any budget to cover it. Chris said that we have a small budget to cover the cost such as catering. The cost is small.

Hongbo said that he would summarize the necessary action items and look for volunteers to own and close those action items.

Bin suggested to create a wiki page to track the status of those action items, owners and status.

Trevor suggested that we also need expertise from installers, Pharos and test projects.

Chris suggested to secure resources from installers, Pharos etc.

Dave (RedHat) asked if Hongbo has contacted Linux Foundation to handle NDA, for example, if we intend to use CableLabs NDA template, or we need to ask Linux Foundation to create a separate one.

Bin suggested that Hongbo to work with Brandon on the NDA template. Both Brandon and Hongbo agreed to work together.

Mark (EMC) asked if proprietary and/or licensed software is ok to work in the PlugFest.

Dave indicated that NDA creates a safe place so that potential negative test results won't be used by competitors on market.

The Action is for Hongbo to:
- Summarize action items, and call for volunteers to work on those action items
- Create PlugFest wiki page to track status

  • Update to OPNFV project lifecycle (Focus: updating the review metrics for project review)

Frank (Cisco) introduced the proposal he shared on mailing list regarding the new model pf project lifecycle management. Basically there are 3 stages - Get started and get to work - show a history of the work being done - show community your work and success

Ildiko (Ericsson) asked if there should be metrics / minimum qualifying numbers. Franks indicated that those numbers may not mean anything, for example, counting commits or wiki changes doesn't mean anything. We need something more meaningful than a qualifying number. Ildiko indicated that every project is different, and some are upstream. Some types of metrics / qualifying numbers will be helpful.

The Action for Frank is to:
- Respond to those comments from Dave, Uli etc.
- Continue to evolve the proposal based on discussion on mailing list

Meeting adjourned.

meetings/dt_minutes_20160107.txt · Last modified: 2016/01/30 02:11 by hongbo tian