User Tools

Site Tools


Minutes of DoveTail Discussion on February 19, 2016

  • Date and Time: 6:00am PST / UTC 14:00, Friday February 19, 2016
  • Convener: Hongbo (Huawei) and Bin Hu(AT&T)
  • Participants:
    • Ashok Emani (Intel)
    • Bryan Sullivan (AT&T)
    • Dave Neary (Red Hat)
    • Julien Zhang (ZTE)
    • Lincoln Lavoie (UNH)
    • Mika Rautakumpu (Nokia)
    • Ossi Raita (Nokia)
    • Pierre Lynch (Ixia)
    • Raymond Paik (OPNFV)
    • Sajeev Manikkoth (IonIdea)
    • Trevor Cooper (Intel)
    • Xiaoli Wang (Huawei)
    • Yaoguang Wang (Huawei)


  • Welcome and Agenda Bashing

MeetBot Notes

Summary and Agreement

  • Incremental approach to define DUT and test cases
  • DUT #1 is the foundation for other DUTs, which incrementally extends the components, use cases and test cases
  • Participants are encouraged to bring own equipment to PlugFest
    • Remote access to hardware infrastructure is acceptable, if participant will not be able to bring equipment
  • PlugFest WG team is responsible for ensuring hardware resources are available
    • dedicated hardware resources at dedicated time (May 2-13) for PlugFest
    • need to work with Pharos Lab owners to secure resources
    • need to work with CableLabs for space availability and limitation, network connectivity details etc.
  • Active recruitment is needed to attract desired participants
    • High level agenda / marketing material is needed
    • More details of test cases are needed
    • Registration page with more details, such as list of registered participants, desire to bring hardware, etc. is needed
    • Board / Marketing Committee needs to talk to executives of potential participants for support

Action Item

  • Bin to work on further details of test procedure of L3VPN and SFC (Gluon), and set up an example / template for other contributions to follow
  • Lincoln to work on marketing material, including high-level agenda based on test plan, and share with Ray for outreach / marketing campaign
  • Ray to work with LF Event Team to set up registration page, including:
    • an entry for the participant to indicate whether they:
      • intend to bring hardware on premise; or
      • prefer remote access of their own hardware infrastructure resources; or
      • need hardware resource support from e.g. Pharos Lab
    • a list of registered participants (for the sake of snowball effect)
  • Ray to work with Board and Marketing Committee for a marketing / outreach campaign
  • Ray to reach out to Cable Labs to participate in discussion next week. The questions for CableLabs are:
    • Room space availability and limitation on premise
      • This information is needed by participants who intend to bring their own hardware on premise for PlugFest
    • Network connectivity information, e.g. available bandwidth, access method and limitation
      • This information is needed so as to match the connectivity requirement of Pharos Lab as well as test case requirement for participants who need remote access to their own infrastructure or Pharos Lab
      • This information is also needed for network setup on premise by participants who bring their own hardware
  • Trevor to reach out to Pharos Lab owners for securing dedicated infrastructure resource support during May 2-13 (inclusive).
  • All are encouraged to participate and bring their own hardware resources if possible
meetings/dt_minutes_20160219.txt · Last modified: 2016/02/20 18:20 by Bin Hu