Date and Time: 6:00am PST / UTC 14:00, Thursday January 28, 2016
Convener: Bin Hu (AT&T)
Bryan introduced background information from Information Modeling Workshop. Basically:
- Model-driven standards may not be as quick as we expected
- SDOs want to work with us on it, so we need to get the collaboration effort off ground quickly
- We need to establish communication with active participants from SDOs through Jira projects.
- We want to collect standard information models and build a roadmap for analysis and verification
- We plan to work with various OPNFV projects to coordinate on models proposed for testing, and to feedback results to the SDOs
- We need to leverage/develop tools and processes for comparative analysis of standardized models and other de-facto models
- We will coordinate test/demo events focused on publicizing work of the project and enhancing collaboration with upstream SDO / open source project members
Uli (Huawei) asked the question about what is the actual deliverables of this project. Is it information model?
Bryan answered that the deliverables is the report / analysis / assessment of current information model in industry.
Uli further asked that it is very important work. But why do we need a project for it? There is no code, and no repo.
Bryan answered that it is generally good to promote cross-project collaboration, and scope is broader than any single model used by any single project. Furthermore, we will serve as a single point of contact with other SDOs, and we will use more effective communication and collaboration tool, e.g. Jira.
Ana (Ericsson) asked how do you propose to interface with other project. Bryan indicated that first, we will collect information and assess what has been validated, look at what they are doing and using, and document those areas in report. Second, once gap is identified, we will try to initiate some activity to close the gap.
Ana further asked if this project can be seen as a customer of test project? Bryan said yes.
Malla (DoCoMo) asked if the effort is to promote some information models or to collect information from SDOs and try to converge. Bryan answered both.
Uli asked once we identify the gap, where to create the model? Bryan answered it is possible to create the model but not #1 priority, because SDOs own it. Our role is more coordination than anything else
Uli suggested that it would be good to define deliverables more clearly, and we can be more focused on work.
Group agreed that we need more time for community to read and comment on this proposal, and we will come back next week to conclude it.