User Tools

Site Tools


Minutes of IPv6 Project Meeting on February 13, 2015

  • Date and Time: UTC 18:00, Friday February 13, 2015
  • Convenor: Bin Hu (AT&T)
  • Participants:
    • Brian Smith (Bell Canada)
    • James Gledhill (Dialogic)
    • Manuel Rebellon (Sandvine)
    • Mark Medina (ClearPath)
    • Sridhar Gaddam (RedHat)
  • Admin Update

Discussed with committers, and consensus is that Bin Hu is designated as Project Lead of IPv6 project.

  • Status Update.
    • Sridhar reviewed, commented and updated the wiki page with regard to top down use case and gap analysis
    • Group discussed with Sridhar, and further polished the wiki.
    • Sridhar will:
    • All further review the updated top down use case and gap analysis
    • Group discussed PoC 1 scenario
    • Mark will further sketch out the design, and send to Bin and Sridhar for further discussion
  • Next Steps / New Actions
    • Mark will sketch out and polish the PoC 1 scenario, and send to Bin and Sridhar for further discussion.
    • Sridhar will look into more details in top down use case as outlined above.
  • Prior Actions:
    • Mark will research OpenStack Neutron and how to support IPv6 in VM based on SLAAC scenario (no DHCP).
    • Mark will draft the architecture design of an IPv6 PoC on OpenStack Neutron
    • Jonne will research floating IPv6 Blueprint in OpenStack, and report the findings to the group
    • Jonne will research DHCPv6 prefix delegation feature, and add it to use case table
    • Jonne will draft the analysis of 3 different IPv6 scenario (SLAAC, DHCPv6 stateful and DHCPv6 stateless). The experiment and PoC will start from the simplest SLAAC scenario.

Meeting adjourned.

ipv6_opnfv_project/minutes_20150213.txt · Last modified: 2015/02/13 19:32 by Bin Hu