User Tools

Site Tools


Minutes of IPv6 Project Meeting on June 12, 2015

  • Date and Time: UTC 15:00, Friday June 12, 2015
  • Chair: Bin Hu (AT&T)
  • Participants:
    • Dan Druta (AT&T)
    • Iben Rodriguez (Spirent)
    • Mark Medina (ClearPath)
    • Sridhar Gaddam (RedHat)
  • Roll call
  • Admin Update
    • Jira issue status
    • Gerrit repo status
  • PoC 1 Status Update - IPv6 VM Design as vRouter
    • Revision of PoC 1 design - dual stack, terminology change and 2 diagrams
      • Progress Update from Mark
    • Applying Sridhar's Anti-spoofing patch to disable anti-spoofing rule in Neutron of Juno
      • Progress Update from Mark

Mark is working on setting up IPv6 VM as vRouter. There are some setup issues that need some help from Sridhar. Mark will summarize those issues and send email to Sridhar for help.

  • ISO Structure Discussion
    • Based on Prakash's action

Prakash missed the call. Update at next meeting.

  • Build Structure Discussion
    • Based on Sridhar's action

Sridhar updated with information of how to Disable Anti-spoofing Rule (Juno) and how to use Neutron ML2 Port Security Extension (Kilo). Sridhar also proposed to update the top down requirement and gap analysis with most recent feature in Kilo. Sridhar will update it next week.

  • Multisite IPv6 Community Lab and Test Cases
    • Based on Iben's idea

Iben described the need to set up Jenkins integration. We can use DNS and NTP server to test internal IPv6 setup. Once the internal IPv6 infrastructure is successful, it can be duplicated in other community labs to have external IPv6 connectivity. It will address the resource limitation issue in terms of external IP address (compared to IPv4).

  • Next Step

- Mark will summarize the IPv6 setup issue and send an email to get help from Sridhar
- Sridhar will give guidance to Mark. Sridhar will also update the top down gap analysis wit new features in Kilo. Everyone will review the update
- Iben will set up Jenkins integration
- Prakash will continue to work on metadata structure in ISO, and give update next meeting.

  • AOB


Meeting adjourned

ipv6_opnfv_project/minutes_20150612.txt · Last modified: 2015/06/12 18:52 by Bin Hu