User Tools

Site Tools


Minutes of Technical Community Discussion on March 26, 2015

  • Date and Time: UTC 13:00, Thursday March 26, 2015
  • Convenor: Bin Hu (AT&T)
  • Participants:
    • Avinash S (Huawei)
    • Betrand (DoCoMo)
    • Brady Johnson (Ericsson)
    • Brian Smith (Bell Canada)
    • Bryan Sullivan (AT&T)
    • Dick Chen (ZTE)
    • Frank Zdarsky (Redhat)
    • Georg Kunz (Ericsson)
    • Gerald Kunzmann (DoCoMo)
    • Howard Huang (Huawei)
    • Iben Rodriguez (Spirent)
    • Jamil Chawki (Orange)
    • Jie Hu (ZTE)
    • Julien Zhang (ZTE)
    • Larry Lamers (VMWare)
    • Louis Fourie (Huawei)
    • Manuel Rebellon (Sandvine)
    • Maria Toeroe (Ericsson)
    • Narinder Gupta (Canonical)
    • Pat Vaughan (Intel)
    • Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)
    • Praveen Kumar
    • Raymond Nugent (Huawei)
    • Ruan He (Orange)
    • Tomi Juvonen (Nokia)
    • Ulrich Kleber (Huawei)
    • Yuri Yuan (ZTE)

Tomi (Nokia) introduced this draft Blueprint at Etherpad. There was no comment. Based on introduction, there doesn't seem any cross-project dependencies. The draft BP was open for comment since Monday March 23.

The consensus is that Tomi will ask the community for further review for one week starting from Monday March 23. If there is no comment or objection, this draft BP will move to OpenStack.

  • Project Proposal Discussion
    • Discuss New Requirement project proposals

Jie (ZTE) introduced this proposal in detail. Howard (Huawei) indicated that multisite deployment can be applied to upgrade scenario. Jie agreed that multisite is a good use case of Escalator, but not a dependency. Both Jie and Howard agreed to closely coordinate between multisite and Escalator.

Maria (Ericsson) asked if HA is out of scope, how does that affect the typical reliance of smooth upgrade on HA? Jie agreed to further consider and discuss the use case of HA. Jie will work with Maria on the scenario of HA upgrade.

Uli (Huawei) left meeting earlier. No one would present it. It was postponed to next week.

Jamil (Orange) introduced this proposal. Bryan (AT&T) asked because Moon supports Congress, is the code available in Github? Jamil and Ruan said that they are working with VMWare in Congress. The code is not available at Github yet, but it is a future plan.

Meeting ended on time at 7:00am PDT by the next meeting.

Postponed to next week

Comprehensive email discussion is in progress. Postponed to next week for achieving consensus

  • Postponed Collaborative Development project proposals

Meeting adjourned

wiki/tc_minutes_20150326.txt · Last modified: 2015/05/06 20:07 by Daniel Farrell