User Tools

Site Tools


Minutes of Technical Community Discussion on December 18, 2014

  • Date and Time: UTC 14:00, Thursday December 18, 2014
  • Convenor: Bin Hu (AT&T)
  • Participants:
    • Dave Neary (Red Hat)
    • Fahd Abidi (Tilera)
    • Jonne Soininen (NSN)
    • Lingli Deng (China Mobile)
    • Parviz Yegani (Juniper)
    • Ryota Mibu (NEC)
    • Stuart Mackie (Juniper)
  • Discussion of Integration and Testing project proposals:
    • OSCAR - a reference platform for validation and testing both open source and vendor VNFs per OPNFV guidelines

Parviz and Stuart described that the ppt was updated and now is v6 and uploaded to wiki page. They also have drafted the revision of wiki page that will be in sync with ppt. They will discuss the revised draft of wiki page internally and with Bryan, and will publish the new wiki page as soon as possible. Once new wiki page is published, Parviz will let Uli and the group know for further review and comment. It is expected that further comments and issues will be discussed and addressed in the mailing list before the next TSC meeting in new year.

Bin indicated that the first TSC meeting in new year will be 7-9am PST Thursday Jan 8, right after the next technical discussion at 6-7am. Once the issues are addressed in the mailing list, we can quickly conclude the agreement at technical discussion to move it for TSC review and approval, and seek TSC's formal review and approval in the next hour.

Lingli from China Mobile briefly described this project proposal.

Parviz asked whether or not China Mobile has consulted with Intel for DPDK and related acceleration technologies. Lingli responded that they will look into OVDK or OVS+DPDK.

Bin indicated that Intel may be no longer interested in OVDK, and focus on OVS+DPDK only. Bin suggested Lingli to check with Intel for the right path to go.

Bin also asked how the proposed APIs will be served, and Parviz, Lingli and Bin discussed several scenarios based on the diagram shown in the proposal.

It is agreed to further discuss this proposal in next technical discussion in the new year.

Bin proposed and group agreed to cancel the discussion for 2 weeks in holiday season, and resume next technical discussion on Jan 8 in the new year.

Meeting adjourned

wiki/tc_minutes_20141218.txt · Last modified: 2014/12/18 17:57 by Bin Hu