User Tools

Site Tools


Minutes of Technical Community Discussion on August 06, 2015

  • Date and Time: 6:00am PDT / UTC 13:00, Thursday August 06, 2015
  • Convener: Bin Hu (AT&T)
  • Participants:
    • Al Morton (AT&T)
    • Andrew Sergeev (ADVA Optical Networking)
    • Bryan Sullivan (AT&T)
    • Christopher Price (Ericsson)
    • Dan Druta (AT&T)
    • Dave Neary (Red Hat)
    • Frank Brockners (Cisco)
    • Ildiko Vancsa (Ericsson)
    • James Buchanan (ADVA Optical Networking)
    • John Lange
    • Larry Lamers (VMWare)
    • Malla Reddy Sama (DoCoMo)
    • Marcin Szczukiewicz (Nokia)
    • Mark D Gray (Intel)
    • Michael Lynch (Intel)
    • Narinder Gupta (Canonical)
    • Pasi Vaananen (Artesyn)(Stratus)
    • Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)
    • Rajeev Seth (Sonus Networks)
    • Raymond Nugent (Huawei)
    • Ryota Mibu (NEC)
    • Sandra McCann
    • Stuart Mackie(Juniper)
    • Weidong Shao (Huawei)
    • Wenjuan Dong (ZTE)
  • Upstream Feature Development and Cross-Project Collaboration
    • Status update on active items
      • Intent

Bin summarized the informal discussion at ODL summit. Bryan indicated the bottom-up approach, and planned SFC demo in OPNFV Summit in November. Ryota said that they are working on use cases.

Bryan will update Copper project wiki with the demo "A day in the life of a VNF" information. Ryota will work with Bryan on this demo.

  • Status update on areas of interest
    • Common CI Tooling

Postponed to next meeting because the key person of CI tooling demo was not present.

  • Draft Blueprints Discussion


  • Other cross-project topics


  • Project Proposal Discussion
    • Active project proposals:
      • New Requirement Project Proposals:

James Buchanan introduced this proposal.

Prakash (Huawei) asked the question about the difference with LAR-E project. James explained that LAR-E focused on networking, i.e. MEF-compliant User Network Interface (UNI) Manager feature plug-in for OpenDaylight (ODL) and northbound APIs that use the plug-in to expose capabilities of ODL to configure and provision MEF-defined Ethernet services (and eventually other Connectivity Services) in physical and virtual network components through ODL. And this Edge NFV proposal focuses on compute node at edge.

Dave (RedHat) asked if vCPE is in scope of this project. James answered yes, e.g. a L3 vCPE.

Prakash said that Huawei will provide committer resource, and detail is TBD.

Group reached the consensus that this proposal is technically ready, and agreed to recommend for TSC creation review.

Author was not present. Postponed to next meeting.

  • New Integration and Test Project Proposals:

Frank introduced this proposal. It was also on the agenda of Test and Performance Weekly Meeting. Due to time constraint, the discussion will continue on Test and Performance Weekly Meeting, and/or next Technical Community Weekly Meeting if needed.

Inactive and postponed until author wishes to resume discussion

Meeting adjourned.

wiki/tc_minutes_20150806.txt · Last modified: 2015/08/07 04:27 by Bin Hu