User Tools

Site Tools


Minutes of IPv6 Project Meeting on June 26, 2015

  • Date and Time: PDT 8:00am / UTC 15:00, Friday June 26, 2015
  • Chair: Bin Hu (AT&T)
  • Participants:
    • Iben Rodriguez (Spirent)
    • Manuel Rebellon (Sandvine)
    • Mark Medina (ClearPath)
    • Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)
    • Sridhar Gaddam (RedHat)
  • Roll call
  • Admin Update
    • Jira issue status

Bin created a set of JIRA tasks for the tasks of bottom-up exercises

  • Gerrit repo status

Bin pushed use case and gap analysis, and INFO to Gerrit repo. Bin will keep on updating the repo based on work progress.

  • JIRA: IPVSIX-2 Update requirement analysis with Kilo release
    • Sridhar and Bin

Sridhar updated the requirement and gap analysis based on the most recent status of Kilo. Bin sync'ed up Sridhar's update with Gerrit repo.

  • PoC 1 Status Update - IPv6 VM Design as vRouter
    • JIRA: IPVSIX-3 Experiment and document instructions on getting a service VM running as a vRouter
      • Revision of PoC 1 design - dual stack, terminology change and 2 diagrams
      • Progress Update from Mark

Mark was absent because of his work priority in office. In an email last week, Mark shared his notes of setting up an IPv6 router VM on a local VirtualBox. Mark was able to get an IPv6 IP address onto a test client that is attached to the internal side of the IPv6 router VM. The one thing he didn't setup yet is IPv6-to-IPv4 on the IPv6 router VM. Mark will look into that later.

Mark will be taking this same experiment on OpenStack and try to get this to work in that environment.

Bin published Mark's notes on wiki Create a Service VM Running.

Prakash will try to do the same experiment in Huawei's lab.

  • JIRA: IPVSIX-4 Experiment and document instructions on disabling anti-spoofing rules
    • Applying Sridhar's Anti-spoofing patch to disable anti-spoofing rule in Neutron of Juno
    • Progress Update from Mark

Mark will look into it later

  • JIRA: IPVSIX-5 Experiment and document instructions on using Neutron ML2 Port Security Extension
    • Applying Sridhar's instruction to experiment it
    • Progress update from Mark

Sridhar shared his notes on wiki. Mark will look into it later.

  • ISO Structure Discussion
    • JIRA: IPVSIX-6 Propose Metadata structure of IPv6 ISO
      • Progress update from Prakash

Prakash shared his proposal in wiki, and introduced it in the meeting.

Team discussed various approaches. Prakash and Iben will take an action to:
- Look into brown field exercise
- Get information of vPING and vLOOP from test projects

  • Multisite IPv6 Community Lab and Test Cases
    • JIRA: IPVSIX-7 Experiment and document instructions on Jenkins integration
      • Progress update from Iben

Iben could add comment but couldn't edit the JIRA issue. Bin will look into it so that Iben can edit the JIRA task.

Iben created another JIRA task IPVSIX-9 Setup IPv6 in OPNFV Community Test Labs to track the overall task.

  • Build Structure Discussion
    • Progress update from Sridhar

Sridhar will do the same experiment based on the notes from Mark.

  • Next Step

Continue the work and track progress in JIRA, and discuss it in 2 weeks.

  • AOB

Meeting adjourned.

ipv6_opnfv_project/minutes_20150626.txt · Last modified: 2015/06/26 22:11 by Bin Hu