User Tools

Site Tools


Minutes of IPv6 Project Meeting on January 08, 2016

  • Date and Time: PST 8:00am / UTC 16:00, Friday January 08, 2016
  • Chair: Bin Hu (AT&T)
  • Participants:
    • Hannes Frederic Sowa (RedHat)
    • Iben Rodriguez (Spirent)
    • Mark Medina (ClearPath)
    • Meenakshi Kaushik (Cisco)
    • Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)
    • Sridhar Gaddam (RedHat)
    • Tim Dalton (CableLabs)

Bin introduced our Milestone E report. We are in quite good shape for B release. As indicated in the report, we have deployed in Huawei's Lab manually, and now the code is ready for automated deployment and testing. Draft of documentation is complete, and in stable/brahmaputura branch. We will continue polishing docs, and adding docs that fits our OPNFV installers (which is in progress). Our JIRA issues are in progress, and will be closed once all installer, testing and docs work are finally complete.

Bin shared the talk with installer team. Our scenario 3 and 4 are currently supported by APEX and Fuel in RC0 (OS + ODL L2). APEX and Fuel will use deploy_settings.yaml to allow for on/off ODL L2, which is a work in progress. The example configuration is under review, and will be merged once review is complete.

So our user will just need to follow instruction and use ODL L2 related command line option to install, then a subset of our current (more complete) instruction to set up service VM.

  • Status of Deployment in Huawei's Pharos Community Lab

Kubi worked over the Christmas and New Year holidays to manually deploy and test it in Huawei's Lab.

  • Status of Testing (Yardstick)

Kubi finished developing the code of automated deployment and testing in Yardstick, and code was merged 2 hours ago.

Bin and Sridhar worked over holidays and completed the draft of doc.

  • AOB

Bin asked that once RC0 is announced, we should all try it, and try our setup on top of RC0.

Prakash asked if we should submit CFP for OpenStack Austin to demonstrate our great work. This is great proposal, and Bin, Sridhar and Prakash will work on it.

Meeting adjourned.

ipv6_opnfv_project/minutes_20160108.txt · Last modified: 2016/03/05 04:32 by Bin Hu