User Tools

Site Tools


Minutes of IPv6 Project Meeting on February 06, 2015

  • Date and Time: UTC 18:00, Friday February 06, 2015
  • Convenor: Bin Hu (AT&T)
  • Participants:
    • Brian Smith
    • Jean-Francois Tremblay (Viagenie)
    • Manuel Rebellon (Sandvine)
    • Mark Medina (ClearPath)
    • Peter Lee (ClearPath)
    • Sridhar Gaddam (RedHat)
  • Status Update.
    • Mark drafted PoC designs. Two scenarios are considered:
      • Using a VM as the IPv6 Router to address Neutron Shortcomings
      • Contribution to Neutron Development with RADVD
    • Sridhar had some comments on the first scenario of "Using a VM as the IPv6 Router to address Neutron Shortcomings". Mark agreed and needed some more time to further consider Sridha's suggestions
    • Sridhar also commented that the second scenario is what Neutron is doing
    • Peter clarified that Jonne is doing some research in the Router Namespace of RADVD. His research outcome could be a potential contribution to Neutron
    • Bin summarized the use case and gap analysis. Sridhar suggested that we can have one more column to link to existing Blueprints and/or other references.
    • Jonne gave offline update to Bin with regard to his 3 actions
  • Next Steps / New Actions
    • Mark will polish the first PoC scenario, and make revisions accordingly.
    • Sridhar will review use case and gap analysis, and PoC design offline, and will revise it accordingly
  • Prior Actions:
    • Mark will research OpenStack Neutron and how to support IPv6 in VM based on SLAAC scenario (no DHCP).
    • Mark will draft the architecture design of an IPv6 PoC on OpenStack Neutron
    • Jonne will research floating IPv6 Blueprint in OpenStack, and report the findings to the group
    • Jonne will research DHCPv6 prefix delegation feature, and add it to use case table
    • Jonne will draft the analysis of 3 different IPv6 scenario (SLAAC, DHCPv6 stateful and DHCPv6 stateless). The experiment and PoC will start from the simplest SLAAC scenario.

Meeting adjourned.

ipv6_opnfv_project/minutes_20150206.txt · Last modified: 2015/02/13 15:22 by Sridhar Gaddam