User Tools

Site Tools


Minutes of IPv6 Project Meeting on July 24, 2015

  • Date and Time: PDT 8:00am / UTC 15:00, Friday July 24, 2015
  • Chair: Bin Hu (AT&T)
  • Participants:
    • Cliff Young (ClearPath)
    • Hannes Frederic Sowa (Redhat)
    • Iben Rodriguez (Spirent)
    • Manuel Rebellon (Sandvine)
    • Mark Medina (ClearPath)
    • Meenakshi
    • Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)
    • Pranav Bhalerao (Cisco)
    • Sridhar Gaddam (RedHat)
  • Roll call
  • B Release Planning

Bin started to discuss with the team about the deliverables, dependencies, milestones and next steps.

Prakash asked if the B release is based on Kilo or Liberty. Bin said that current plan is Kilo. Bin shared Debra's wiki of release planning. Bin suggested that if there is any suggestion or issues with regard to general B release, it should be raised to Debra.

Sridhar suggested that we need to validate if current PoC is working with ODL, and we need to look into the issues with ODL if any. We also need to ask the community to review and comment on the Use Case and Gap Analysis. Bin will send an email to community to call for review and comment.

Sridhar also suggested that we can start from installing Arno on a single laptop to validate PoC with ODL integration. Bin and Mark seconded this suggestion, and we can evolve with upgrading to OpenStack Kilo and ODL Lithium.

Bin indicated one major gap is testing - test methodology and test case development.

The immediate action items are:
- Once David (AT&T) finished installing Arno on a single laptop, Bin will share the experience and documentation.
- Bin will look into IPv6 support / gap with ODL
- Sridhar and Mark will work on metadata methodology / cloud.init()
- Iben will work on community lab, test methodology and testing related tasks
- Prakash will look into Kilo IPv6.

In addition, Bin will work on high-level timeline of milestones and aligned with B release planning. It is a moving target at this moment.

  • Admin Update
    • Jira issue status
    • Gerrit repo status
  • PoC 1 Status Update - IPv6 VM Design as vRouter
    • JIRA: IPVSIX-3 Experiment and document instructions on getting a service VM running as a vRouter
      • Documentation on Snapshot image of an IPv6-Router-VM
      • Progress Update from Mark in terms of setting up the same experiment in OpenStack Kilo environment
      • Progress Update from Prakash and Sridhar of the same experiment

Sridhar and Mark worked out the instruction and posted it on the wiki. It is based on OpenStack. We need to validate it in ODL integration (Arno), and look into potential issues if any. This can be closed.

  • JIRA: IPVSIX-4 Experiment and document instructions on disabling anti-spoofing rules
    • Applying Sridhar's Anti-spoofing patch to disable anti-spoofing rule in Neutron of Juno
    • Progress Update from Mark

In progress

  • JIRA: IPVSIX-5 Experiment and document instructions on using Neutron ML2 Port Security Extension
    • Applying Sridhar's instruction to experiment it
    • Progress update from Mark

In progress.

  • ISO Structure Discussion
    • JIRA: IPVSIX-6 Propose Metadata structure of IPv6 ISO
      • Progress update from Prakash and Iben in terms of brown field experience, and vPING and vLOOP.

Prakash posted some information to wiki. No further update.

  • Multisite IPv6 Community Lab and Test Cases
    • JIRA: IPVSIX-7 Experiment and document instructions on Jenkins integration
      • Progress update from Iben

Prakash posted some information to wiki.

  • JIRA: IPVSIX-9 Setup IPv6 in OPNFV Community Test Labs
    • Progress update from Iben

No update

  • Build Structure Discussion
    • Progress update from Sridhar
  • Next Step

See action items above

  • AOB

Meeting adjourned.

ipv6_opnfv_project/minutes_20150724.txt · Last modified: 2015/07/24 17:56 by Bin Hu